When: 15th to 20th October, 2024. A little over three days of active play time. Participants will need to be on location at 9 AM on the 16th of October at the latest, but can arrive on the 15th. Workshops start at 10:00 on the 16th.
Where: Czocha castle, Poland. The castle is a modern hotel.
Age Limit: To attend The Forbidden History: Eden Unmasked you must be 18 years or older.
Accessibility: We will be larping in a historical castle that is not wheelchair accessible. There is no elevator.
Transport: There will be a bus transport from Brandenburg Airport, Berlin, to and from the larp. Participants will be able to purchase a ticket for this, and the exact times will be given at a later date.
Sign-up: The first sign-up period is closed, but you can sign up for the Waiting List.
Participants: 118, including 18 professors.
Social media: All off-game coordination will take place on the Atropos Discord server, with private channels for the participants of the larp. Discord will be used for pre-game workshops and coordination for the Secret Societies, and may be used by participants for other types of coordination.
You can also receive news and updates on our Facebook pages, here: The Forbidden History or Atropos Studios
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices and Casting Process
- Rough Schedule:
- First Sign-up period: 1-20 August 2023
- Sign-up results: 11 September 2023
- Deposit deadline: 30 September 2023
- Casting form sent out: 1 October 2023
- Preliminary casting: 15 December 2023
- Second payment deadline: 31 January 2024
- Full characters: 30 June 2024
- The Forbidden History: Eden Unmasked: 15-20 October 2024
- Sign-Up Process: We will be using a combination of casting and lottery when allocating the spots at the larp. However, when you sign up during the first sign-up period does not affect your chances of getting a place at the larp. It is not first come, first served. After the deposits have been paid we will send out a detailed casting form to participants.
- Standard ticket: €690
- Subsidised tickets: €500 (regular) and €360 (lower). Limited amount of tickets available.
- Sponsor tickets: €920 and €800. Your help in making the larp possible and subsidising tickets is greatly appreciated.
- It is also possible to sign up for a last minute reserve spot.
- Tickets will be due in two instalments: a non-refundable deposit to secure your spot (€70) due by 30 September 2023, and the rest of your ticket by 31 January 2024.
- Refund policy: Your ticket contains a €70 non-refundable deposit. If you drop out at any point between 11 September 2023 and 15 August 2024 we will reimburse you for the rest of your ticket, minus the deposit. After that point we will not be able to offer refunds.
- LarpVenture, our production partner in Poland, will be processing payments and financial administration.
What you will get
- A close, personal and immersive player experience
- A detailed pre-written character and a friend group of closely connected characters
- Play as either a student or one of the professors of the Liberal Arts subjects.
- A 5-night stay at the fantastic Czocha Castle including in-game sleeping quarters and meals. The rooms are shared between 2 and 6 people
- School days with mandatory classes for the students, according to school program, or teaching said classes for professors.
- A ball on Saturday night
- Participation in one of the Secret Societies, if you are playing a pledged student or professor. Possibility for initiation into a Secret Society if you are playing an unpledged student. Both student and professor characters are part of the Societies.
- A carefully written and diverse fiction that weaves through your character and their relationships and engages you in the twisted world that the students have to live in
- A detailed casting form that is intended to tailor your experience to the themes that you want to explore.
- Workshops to prepare you for your experience.
Safety at the Larp
During the larp we will use meta techniques to simulate sexual play, drug use and how to stop or leave scenes without the repercussions affecting your character. We will be workshopping all of these techniques on-site.
The larp will have a designated emotional support room as well as a GM room.
In the casting form you will be able to specify if there are people on the current participant list that you wish or don’t wish to play closely with. The Organizers also reserve the right to at any time during the process remove someone from the larp if an issue arises.
If there would be a standard or common way of dressing at St. Theodora’s it would be shirt/blouse, trousers/skirt (it might be cold), striped tie and a jacket. Avoid single color ties. Colors are usually browns, blues, and grays. Tweed suits, knitted polo necks, pullovers, etc. are commonly used. However, students and professors at St. Theodora’s often mix several styles. For more information, check out the Costume guide: Link to Costume Guide